IMA Vision and Mission
IMA's mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and the advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance.
We do this by:
- Offering a rigorous, highly respected credential—the CMA—that recognizes and rewards expertise
- Building a peer network of professional relationships to share industry experience, access career opportunities, and make business contacts to last a lifetime
- Providing extensive education programs to advance professional knowledge, increase leadership potential, and satisfy CPE requirements
- Giving a voice to the profession with insightful and timely journals and newsletters
- Promoting leading-edge research and industry best practices
- Advocating for the profession in a challenging regulatory environment
IMA Global Core Values
IMA currently represents more than 70,000 accountants and financial professionals in business. The participation of each of our members makes the success of our mission possible.
- Respect for the Individual – We treat each other with respect and dignity, valuing individual and cultural differences. We communicate frequently and with candor, engaging in healthy debate and listening to each other, regardless of position or level. We work hard to create an environment that respects individuals in an atmosphere of open communication, growth, and learning.
- Passion for Serving Members – We enable individuals to use their capabilities to the fullest to deliver exemplary products and services to members. That enablement extends to being passionate advocates in advancing our global profession. We care for all members and each other--building enduring relationships--and driving continuous improvement. We appropriately recognize our volunteer leaders, who are so giving of their time and expertise.
- Highest Standards of Integrity and Trust – We understand and abide by the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice in our everyday actions. Our personal conduct ensures that the IMA name is always worthy of trust--our members around the globe deserve nothing less. We treat each other fairly, keep our promises, make decisions objectively, take responsibility for our actions, and admit our mistakes. We maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement – We believe innovation and a spirit of continuous improvement are engines that keep us relevant, vital, and growing. Our culture embraces creativity and seeks different perspectives. We behave like owners of a "business," managing risks and identifying new opportunities in serving members and advancing the profession.
- Teaming to Achieve – We encourage and reward both individual and team achievements, proactively working across organizational boundaries to always "remember the member." Our spirit of team achievement extends to advancing our profession and to being responsible and caring partners within our various communities.